- Sit on the side of the bed with legs bent.
- Let your head and trunk down onto the bed so that you are lying on your side.
- Bring your legs up onto the bed while remaining on your side.
- Shuffle over onto your back while keeping your knees bent.
- Place your legs flat one at a time.
- Reverse this procedure when getting out of bed.
- Do these procedures one at a time.
- Don’t combine movements.
- This technique can also be used when lying on the floor
Good posture while sleeping is also important as it is possible to strain your back even in the most restful positions.
|Pillow to high places strain on neck, arms and shoulders.||Small pillow under neck and knees keep
the head and back in a good position.
|Sleeping face down will aggravate swayback.||When sleeping on your side, bend your knees to help flatten the back. Place a pillow between the knees.|
If you have sleeping difficulties, neck or back pain then contact Alpha Physiotherapy on (07) 3279 3871 to correct your problem.